Each year the Monticello Area Arts Council offers a $500 scholarship to a high school graduating senior from Piatt County interested in pursuing a career in the arts. This award is determined on a competitive basis and requires submission of an art portfolio for review; a letter of recommendation; a list of achievements and extracurricular activities; and artist statement.
Students pursuing careers in art history, art education, architecture, fashion design, graphic design, etc.
are encouraged to apply.
A $250 cash prize to the student's school art department will also be awarded.
The scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2020 with portfolio review on Thursday, April 16, 2020.
1. Return completed application form, artist statement, list of achievements and extracurricular activities and letter of recommendation by Tuesday, March 31, 2020 to Monticello Area Arts Council, P.O. Box 162 Monticello, Illinois 61856 to be considered for this year’s scholarship opportunity. A scanned copy of the application and supporting materials may also be emailed to email@example.com or submitted through our website using the above link.
2. Submit your portfolio to the MAAC studio at 224 E. Livingston on Thursday, April 16, 2020 between 5:30 pm and 6 pm. If your portfolio contains digital media and you are unable to supply a computer for viewing, please notify the Arts Council as soon as possible.
3. MAAC Board members will review portfolios from 6 pm to 7:30 pm.
4. Return to the studio to pick-up your portfolio at 7:30 pm.
5. The MAAC scholarship recipient will be announced at 7:30 pm. Family and friends are welcome to return with you to enjoy refreshments and hear the announcement.